View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Do you know who owns this 1970s Daytona shell?

I am trying to track down the owner of a fiberglass Daytona shell I have been custodian of since 2010 here in Brisbane. The shell s at least 30 years old according to the date stamp on photos I have seen so I don't think it is a modern replica, possibly a copy moulded from of one of the originals?? I borrowed it from an independent Jaguar mechanic called Ron Old up here in Brisbane in 2010 who was in turn minding it for the original owner?? When I went to return it to his shop he had closed business and I have been searching for him since. The shell has a rolling chassis under it of sorts. I believe the original owner was from either Sydney or Victoria. Does anyone know who it could be? I just want to give it back to him as it is filling my garage and no I can't sell it as it is not my property. If I cannot locate Ron or the true owner in next month I will be handing it over to the Qld Gov't Public Trustee who will sell it at one of its public auctions for whatever is bid for it. I would prefer to see it back with its rightful owner so can anyone help with Ron's location? Car is available to anyone who can genuinely assist to view
Mark