View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Report.

Well the event had 100 odd subscribed but with the wet weather I think we only ended up with maybe 70?

Great weekend all the same. Friday practice was cancelled due to rain and the first 2 sessions on Saturday am were wet also. Full kudos to the boys and girls who went out for a squirt. On slicks!

Notable efforts for mention.
1. Morgan Park. Great organising, cant fault them. But Mic Verner would like his steak burger buns toasted please next time.

2. 75 Alan Basford. First time for Alan and was a stout performer in the AP. Car looked and sounded awesome. Very generous of him to leave the keys in it for us all to try Saturday night too.

3. 76 Jim Diakos. Bloody flying in a street registered cobra. Put (me) to shame. Great job and a very worthy 2nd in class overall.

4.77 Pete Hancock. Cant heal and toe! Yeah I call BS. The guy is embarassing quick. First in class and 2nd quickest I think out of all entrants. He's impossible to keep up with.

5.78 Mic Schipper. Huge effort for Mick to come down from Bundy and wow what a difference some slicks and a sway bar makes. Guy is super quick as well. Jim and Mic are definitely in the mix for Nats glory.

6.79 Yve Stocks. Definitely the coolest most relaxed driver in the pits. Where can I get a Mrs Flatchat!

7. 80 Ed Trask. Also a huge drive down from Bundy! For a first timer he did a great job and I hope will continue the sprint challenge journey.

8. 81 Mic Verner. All Mick needs is his buns toasted and he''s happy.

9. 82 Matt Allsopp. When will I learn old tires arent fast. Im blaming the tires but more than likely the driver is just slow. Still had a good time, enjoyed watching the 12HR from the inside my tent and looking forward to round 2.

Round 2 is Track D. The small track. HP wont dominate so bring your suspension set up game.

Thanks again to all.