View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

I didnt buy my first car until I was 36 ( 8 yrs ago) and before that I either drove my old mans cars which were huge POS or people gave me cars. I never bought a car before that lol. My neighbors felt bad for me so they gave me a Chrysler New Yorker which was loaded with tons of electronics and then a POS Dodge Intrepid. I knew that I needed to get rid of both when the mechanic said to me "is there a reason you are keeping this car, the entire undercarriage is about to fall out of it" and another time he said you gotta have some money saved up because this car is worth nothing and its a deathtrap, lmao. I still have the 2 cars that I have only bought and I am keeping both, not making that mistake. I did however do something incredibly dumb that I still regret to this day. My best friend sold me his 1977 Gs 750 for $200, he was desperate and needed cash. I drove that thing in College and beyond. One Summer my parents go on vacation and I vet the bright idea to do donuts in my garage with the bike and also put bleach and dish soap down to do a big smoke show in the driveway to IMPRESS the parents. Well bikes back then didn't have rev limiters and I was in my 20s so neither did I. Blew the motor in it, burned up the pistons and rings. I was cash poor and couldnt to fix it, if I had I would of kept it. Dumb and young, my best friend also passed away which makes that decision even worse. Hey at least my bike now has a rev limiter and my 2 LS3 motors do also and I have hit all 3 limiters once or maybe twice?
Attached Images