View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Patrickt usually gives people the "Cobra is not for you look at a Corvette" talk. I guess if you start out looking at ERA it is obvious that you are a perfect fit.

I was going to suggest looking at used cars, but I'm too late to the party. No doubt an ERA is a good choice. If you stick it out, you will be rewarded.

My only criticism of ERA is that they talk so much on originality (read trash their competition) then say their rectangular frame tubing don't count. I find that a bit hypocritical, but what salesman isn't. They have a great frame. It's just not round tube like an original. Most aren't. Oh well.

I have seen several ERA set up with the mechanical throttle linkage like 1960's cars had, and I expect that was original. I always accepted that as fact, but never verified it. Even though this is original it is unsafe in my opinion. Fine for a trailer queen going to shows, but not safe on the road.

When motor mounts break and during crashes these mechanical linkages often pulled the throttle wide open. With the power these cars tend to have it makes them even more deadly. Consider going with a cable system. It could save you.