View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

In 2003, I was a 34 year old, die-hard Corvette nut. (I had owned 4 already up to that point in life); who made the abrupt transition from being a happily married DINK (Dual income, no kids) to being a single income traditional family, with kids.

so obviously, any and all expensive hobbies involving 2-seat cars that didn't have a latch system for car seats, rapidly found themselves on the extinction list.

after I liquidated all my man-toys in order to finance diapers and baby lotion, I fought the urge for several months not to pull all my savings together and buy either a late 80's Testarossa (which were going in the mid-high 50's at the time), or a mid 90's F355, which were also in the low-mid 50's for a good low-mile example. This was during a major low point in the enthusiast car market, following the big Dot-Com market bust.

I remember remarking to my wife at the time that if we bought a well papered Testarossa and just put it away and forgot about it, that it would probably finance both our kid's college educations; but she was having none of it.

All you have to do is search Hemmings for Testarossa values today to figure out who was right...