View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
Are you new to racing? If you're comfortable wrenching on your ERA FIA, I've seen some vintage groups allow these to run. VRG (Vintage Racing Group) had a member running one at the Glen last October.
That was me at the Glen last October. Vintage groups are just starting to warm up to allowing replicas. SVRA has allowed the car to run with all of the modifications that I made as described in my build thread (Superformance/Riverside Racer 289 FIA) which included having to have an original style frame, suspension, vintage 289 block, top loader and Girling brakes. VRG is starting to warm up to the idea and I will be running with them again in May at Summit Point in West Virginia. They said that they will accept my SVRA logbook and will leave it up to each individual race steward to decide. They went over the car thoroughly at the Glen and there was some discussion there concerning whether it could run in future races. The manner in which this build stayed as true as possible to the originals (with the exception of fiberglass as opposed to aluminum) is why they allowed it to run.

Jim