View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

I recently purchased ERA#520 and found a brake master cylinder weeping fluid past the rod end seal. I replaced both master cylinders while I was under the car. The hoses where showing fluid seeping through them. I have just received a Tilton brake hose kit from Summit and a 3 container Tilton reservoir. I believe Patrick's hard line to hose is a preferred design. I want the hoses out of the cockpit and will start a reroute approach when all the parts arrive. I bought the reservoir with barb type hose attachments. Will run new hoses out the cylinder box, along the frame and up to the new reservoir mounted on the inner wheel well panel. Not as nice as Patrick's but will be an OK interim for now.The clutch slave cylinder is going to also require new lines ( hard to hose ? ). The BMW reservoir will go into the trash. The removal of the present hoses and reservoir is a messy job ( fluid will be difficult to contain ) and will cost me some loss of carpet. Brake fluid will destroy carpet adhesive. Happy to be an ERA owner and an ex CSX4000 guy. Sold it.
The CSX had all hard lines from the master cylinders. Requires a different master cylinder configuration and mounting.

Last edited by csx4017; 02-26-2018 at 08:41 AM..