View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know this is an OLD thread and sticky, BUT . . . especially for Vietnam Vets, it is a very serious subject. The reason Vietnam Vets are more prone to get prostate cancer is exposure to Agent Orange. And, unfortunately, the cancer that Vietnam Vets get is almost always VERY AGGRESSIVE and can kill you within a very short amount of time, unlike the general population. Most men with PC die of natural causes prior to diagnosis; herbicide exposure exponentially shortens that time frame.

My diagnosis was "Advanced Stage III, with T3B tumors", it doesn't get much worse than that without being Stage IV, which is terminal. I was fortunate, in that the cancer hadn't traveled anywhere else in my body yet, but it would only have been a matter of a few weeks or months and I would have had no options. I had radiation, and have been cancer free for over 3 years. I have PSA tests every 6 months to make sure it isn't coming back. So far, so good. PC is a silent killer, much like heart disease. It won't give you any warning.

Please, please, please, if for no one else but your loved ones, get a PSA test! Do it regularly after age 50. If you are a Vet, start earlier like at 40. If you are a Vietnam Vet, do it IMMEDIATELY! It may save your life.

Videodude