View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Hoodabest
Not Ranked     
Default Latest progress.

So, I've been busy trying to get my non-cobra related domestic situation squared away so I can focus more resources to the build...with some success. I have made the firm decision to build a windsor motor, and will start a thread in small block talk for the engine build, rather than here . Is that what's normally done ?

Next thing is firming up the color and paint choices. When Shelby did that first continuation batch 20 or so years ago, I read an interview where he said the new cars would be painted with nitrocellulose lacquer, just like the originals. I didn't even know what it was until the next day, at which point I decided it was the coolest paint ever. Now, decades later, and after seeing old cars, bikes, and guitars with the checking and crazing that old, used, true nitrocellulose lacquer gets, it's stil special to me. Plus, while still new, a guy like me can easily repair a scratch or ding at home.

Problem with nitro is availability, especially in colors. So, odds are that the car will be painted with whatever paint the body guy I settle on uses.

Which leads us to color, a subject that I feel could remain undecided until the car is being rolled into the paint booth.

As of now, colors the car WON'T be: red, orange, yellow, purple, brown, silver, or pink.

Frontrunners: guardsman blue, malachite green, viking blue, black, tan, and white, in that general order.