CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Hoodabest
Not Ranked     
Default Parts list.

Heres what I have on hand so far :

STD bore block, 351w D1xx part number.

Billet 4 bolt main caps, US made leaded steel.

OEM timing cover.

Edelbrock Victor Jr. Heads, new in box, pn 77189

Price dual quad manifold with a pair of Holleys and linkage.

Pair of Shelby FE style cast valve covers, polished pent-roof but made to fit windsor heads.

Lunati hydraulic roller lifters

Comp roller rockers

Comp pushrods

Billet pulleys

MSD distributor

Heres what I need :

Complete rotating assembly, I'm on the fence here between a SCAT 4.1 forged setup complete, or an Eagle 4.17 crank with manley rods. I dont have enough knowledge or experience yet to make an informed decision. What I do know is I'm a lot less afraid of high piston speed than most. My old shovelhead has 4-5/8" stroke and hits the 6800 rpm rev limiter on the regular. Proper building of well matched parts works. Any recommendations from experience needed.

Oil pan. Size, front or rear sump, part number anyone??

Oil pump/pickup.

Timing set.

Cam? As stated earlier, I'm thinking Mr. Lykins could be the guy. I need recommendations as far as comp ratio/cam, from actual owners, and yes, I'll do my due diligence and look at past threads. Just looking for a new conversation on an old subject. I'd like to see 500-600 hp. If for nothing else than to say I've owned and operated such a beast just once. A nasty idle and a little cantankerous at low speed is expected, so long as I'm able to get stuck in the occasional traffic jam without a meltdown. Pump gas would be nice, but if 5 gal. Of 114 octane leaded per 15 gallon tank is needed, I'd go there grudgingly. Better yet would be to be able to switch between the two based on the days expected activities.

Balancer

Flywheel

Water pump

Hardware, main and head studs/bolts, manifold bolts, flywheel bolts, etc

Gaskets.

That's about all I can think of now. Feel free to chime in if you have any ideas.

Also, if you have any of these parts available in good or better shape, please contact me, I will appreciate it.

Last edited by Hoodabest; 03-03-2018 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Misprints