View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some follow up to some of the posts. You can run lines from breathers to the headers for an evacuation system. Did this when I ran on the track in the 90's. Had blow by and it solved that problem. Later found out I had a broken piston causing the blow by. Check valves are to prevent any combustion in headers from being sucked back into engine and possibly causing an explosion. I'm trying to run a crude form of evacuation system for the engine. If it does build up some pressure, if any oil does leak out then the catch can should collect it. And I don't have to deal with a blow by with open breathers. At 71 I'm past the age of racing everything in site. A little lead foot here and there should be enough. Basically I'm looking to have an engine that can breathe with out making a mess. And I'm not looking to drill and tap. Once I get my system installed I'll report what happens. Mainly I want to have an effective system before I cruise the hill country during our Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet in April. Tried to download a video but with my limited skills it didn't work.