View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Normal Route 66 Fun Run Schedule

Scott, Here is a normal weekend schedule: We depart Phoenix on Friday from the Chevron station on Carefree Highway just east of the I-17 at about 10am and head north on the Black Canyon Freeway to exit 262 which is Route 69 toward Prescott. We travel about 21 miles to the Fain Road bypass around Prescott Valley to Route 89 (not 89A) north toward Chino Valley. We stop to pit and fuel at Safeway in Chino Valley, then on north to I-40 and west to exit 123 to Seligman where we pickup our prepaid goody bag and lunch at the infamous Snow Cap. We walk & shop for a while then head west to our Kingman Motel, the Red Roof Inn, which is about 75 miles. You can take Route 66 all the way or jump back on the I-40 and off at exit 53 and turn northeast (left.) We settle in and as a group, go to dinner at a steakhouse. Back to motel and gather with chairs outside for fun, scotch and cigars for some and generally bench race and listed to Scotty stories.
On Saturday morning, many travel back to Seligman to join the morning festivities and the other 800 cars to travel Route 66 back to Kingman. There are several stops you can make along the way such as, Grand Canyon Caverns, Peach Springs and Hackberry. Once back in Kingman there is a large car show on Andy Devine Blvd in downtown Kingman. We generally park in front or near Mr D’s Restaurant toward the west end of the show and near the Powerhouse. Lunch is up to you. After the show it’s back to the motel to rest up for Pizza Hut as a group then back outside to hear stories from Dan Shinn.
Sunday morning you can join the car group and head to the end at Topock through Oatman (which is a fun place to walk around.) Or, you can head back with some on what had been coined the “Salmon run” where we drive back to Seligman on Route 66 for breakfast then retrace out steps all the way home. You can also jump on I-40 to 93 and head home through Wikieup and Wickenburg.

AZ Bob