Thread: Engine size?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

The most important thing is to be honest with yourself on what your expectation of fast and powerful is. I am a younger cobra enthusiast and have owned my car for 3 years this March. Iíve had a 600rwhp 03 cobra and a 600hp turbo charged Hayabusa in the past. My car just went through a year long overhaul in which a great friend of mine completely reworked my 427 Windsor and performed a 6-speed T56 swap with 4.30 rear gear.

My previous setup was around 580HP and 575TQ and I should be around the same now....it is absolutely fast but could I use more....of course. If you like roll on power just go with the 385 series big block and have someone like Brent Lykins build you a streetable setup that runs a hydraulic roller. Personally I think this will be the next project for my car. I think 750hp and 700tq is what I would be going for. You are going to have all kinds of opinions about what makes a good cobra but you need to go with your gut on what will be fast for you. Having more cubic inches and more power than you can use is better than not having enough....these cars have gas pedals so it can be controlled.

My other option would be a 460ci clevlor style Windsor but I think it would not be as streetable. You can make crazy power with Windsor platforms but That may come with running a solid roller etc.