View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

cant recall the difference between the Grasshopper and Rockhoppers though. cheers Gregg[/quote]
deltek did a few bikes the ones in that style are
1 bushwacker no suspension at all
2 grassgrub had front suspension only
3 rockhopper front and rear suspension
then they did a bike called a scorpio that looked more like a proper motor bike still with the victa 125 not highly sort after by collectors..
all ran the 125 victa with a amal carby fitted the frames were made in tiawan and assembled in australia wow winning a rockhopper for 2 bob what a bargain i paid $1000 bucks for one and $1200 for the other.. a totally restored one with all the correct parts and painted in the correct shade of red or green and a few in gold bring around $4000 upwards.. the chrome tanks are very hard to find and bring big money and are very sought after i was lucky both of mine had them in a state thats restorable and with the correct fuel cap .. other items that are worth good money are the original chain guards and the chrome knobs that are used to tighten the handlebars up most got stripped out over the years and replaced with bolts . i have one set and looking for another.
then you have the deckson range of bikes that look similar but ran kirby 4 strokes in them and then the grand prix range that ran kirby/Tecumseh 2 strokes. they are becoming quite collectable and it's great to see people restoring them as they are almost 50 yrs old now. enough for now i will add more pics as i restore them
cheers dean