Old 03-13-2018, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520SC View Post

TorqStorm Ford 351 Windsor Supercharger Kits

TorqStorm makes a centrifugal supercharger system for 351Ws for $2800, but you'll have to buy a blow through carburetor. I believe TorqStorm will sell you a Quick Fuel blow through carburetor as additional equipment, but I don't know how much more that would add to your total cost. There's a contact number on their website, so you can call them for all the details.

A centrifugal supercharger won't provide as much low end torque as a roots-style supercharger, but the boost will (in general) kick in faster than with twin turbos.

Here's an interesting article comparing a Chevy 305 and a Ford 302, before and after adding a TorqStorm. The improvement in hp in both engines was staggering. 5.0L Fistfight, part 4 : The Storm Rages On - Hot Rod Network
Huh...okay I missed this setup in my discovery. I put in a powerdyne myself back in 96 when I had my Cobra mustang and it was definitely a kick in the pants. I did however had to do quite a bit of tuning to deal with detonation. Thanks for the suggestion.