Old 03-13-2018, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520SC View Post

TorqStorm Ford 351 Windsor Supercharger Kits

TorqStorm makes a centrifugal supercharger system for 351Ws for $2800, but you'll have to buy a blow through carburetor. I believe TorqStorm will sell you a Quick Fuel blow through carburetor as additional equipment, but I don't know how much more that would add to your total cost. There's a contact number on their website, so you can call them for all the details.

A centrifugal supercharger won't provide as much low end torque as a roots-style supercharger, but the boost will (in general) kick in faster than with twin turbos.

Here's an interesting article comparing a Chevy 305 and a Ford 302, before and after adding a TorqStorm. The improvement in hp in both engines was staggering. 5.0L Fistfight, part 4 : The Storm Rages On - Hot Rod Network
A few things I don't like about this system.

The tensioner is on the tight side of the belt.
A manually adjusted belt goes tighter under load on the driven side, so the tensioner bearing goes from "adjusted" load to higher load under boost.
When fitted on the "slack" side of the belt, the tensioner bearing goes from "adjusted" load to slightly less, so longer life.
Hence why factory fitted tensioners are spring loaded on the "slack" side of the belt.

The air filter should be mounted in cool location, certainly not directly above the exhaust system.

Gary