Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

pool
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Once again, Paxton. But the Supersnakes had twin paxtons and did require the hood to be cut.

I continue to assert:

1. This is going to cost way more than 5K
2. It's going to take a trained professional more than 4 days, probably 4 weeks for someone who's never done it before.

Nothing on a Cobra is ever simple.
Appreciate the tip.
Dont need a pro. They tend to jack things up more than their worth unless you get lucky and get a pro like some of the master builders on this forum. See some of my previous posts about GBox.
The following:
(In Jim Carrey's Ace pet detective progressively getting faster and lounder voice)
I am very capable doing this myself being a commercial GC with an A license for the last 25 years I build bldgs for a living and build cars for fun.
Installed on my Cobra myself:
-QA1s adjustable coil overs and heidts upper and lower A arms.
- Wilwood brakes all around.
- fabed myself new pedal setups
-From another cr owners post I welded new collectors to glass packs to side pipes.
-Installed 2 replacement windshields and finally a plex windshield that is amazing.
-Removed old steering R/P and replaced with a new flaming river rack and pinion
-completely fire proofed engine bay and ran all new wiring, hoses
and much much more.
...plusBuilding a 72 prerunner ground up, metal work, body, paint, suspension, built a destroked 454 bbc to a 427 that begs me to be put in my Cobra now, dont throw up because I damm well now there are others with the same situation that have thought about it too etc...etc..Built 3 mustangs over the years with installing a powerdyne SC way back in 96.Built a custom Harely and 3 superbikes.
Exhail!!!!
What I am asking is what systems are quick and effective in a CCRII before a full engine replacement that I plan on doing next year.
5k is for general kit not carb, electric fuel, larger radiator and so on.
And yes 4 days is plenty to install, tune and drive then tune, tighten, tune. And of course many weeks and months after that running through different scenarios like autocross, hot days whatever.

You have a csx car which I envy honestly but the CR has different specs for its engine compartment so although I truly appreciate your suggestion for a Paxton which I will look into I was hoping for a fellow CR owner that may provide some insight into their own setup which is why I posted in the CR sub forum.

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by RedHawk; 03-17-2018 at 08:13 PM..