View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
So the brain picking begins. I have been doing some looking around and have almost set my mind on the Coyote engine with a Tremec 6 speed manual gearbox. Is there any reason not to go down this path. What ever engine I decide on it will be new. And a ford.... Cheers all.
Depending on you choice of kit/car the coyote may require some modifications due to its extra girth. Sometimes this involves modifying foot boxes potentially resulting in reduced leg room.
On the 6spd, you may need to widen the trans tunnel to accommodate a t56. Also, it’s likely to cause issues with the short drive shaft that cobras have. Again reducing interior space, possibly limiting your seat options.

That all said, there are many cars that run the combo you’ve mentioned. It’s a sound choice.

Leroy17 however makes a lot of sense. It’s sage advice.
The LS option will be best bang for buck and is likely to give you fewer headaches to install. Sticking and 8 stack on it will blow most everyone’s mind (mine included, the look is pure awesomeness). But know this for sure, if you dont go ford, I’ll certainly pick on you.

Welcome, congrats, and best wishes with your project.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Dimis; 03-24-2018 at 09:10 PM..