View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison #1320, 514 BBF, Richmond, 3.73 , IRS
Send a message via AIM to Trubble Send a message via MSN to Trubble Send a message via Yahoo to Trubble
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
That's exactly what scares me about this bill. Will it affect a car I build at home and install a period correct engine? Will that car now have to pass current emissions standards? Will each state interpret the law differently and make it apply to all cars completed at home?
I see it pertains to manufactures who build small numbers of specialty cars per year but what about my car? A replica with a modern engine isn't a replica.
Larry
Folks,

I'm for leaving well enough alone. How many "replicas" (Cobra and others) have been built over the years? Thousands. Granted, some of our united states treat these cars differently, and some states' residents may have a tougher time getting registered due to quirks in a particular state's regulations.

When you let Uncle Sam get his nose under the tent, you open up a whole new can of worms. Some issues have been mentioned above, like catalytics.

And don't think it will only apply to newly-built machines. Sooner or later, regulatory creep will set in. government regulators are never happy unless they can invent new areas of control to widen their area of responsibility and ensure their job security.

Just ask - when did the government dabble in a field and not screw it up?

Just my humble opinion.

Bill