View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default weber settings and backfire

Hey guys
I know that it probably has been answered before but with all of my research I've found conflicting answers. 3 basic questions. I have a 289 that is not exactly stock. .532 lift solid cam, head work with larger valves, and bored .060. With a Holly 750 it put out around 350 HP. I've replaced the Holly with 44 IDF Webers. Can't say I'm that happy with the help I've gotten from Top End-who I bought the set up from, or Redline who built the Webers. Anyway here are my 3 questions. How much do you turn out the idle mixture screw to start. Told both 1 1/2 and 2 turns. Big difference. What is the order of the 4 carbs when adjusting the mixture screw. Heard that when you adjust one of the four first it sets the vacuum so that it makes it easier as you adjust each of the next 3. And finally when you get an occasional backfire or popping thru the exhaust pipe on deceleration what is the adjustment. There are no leaks. Someone said to turn out the mixture screw? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Still waiting on the catch can. Any hints on how to post new pictures?
Thanks, Paul