View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Gary and Alf
Have the morning off tomorrow and plan to start over with all of my settings. Gonna recheck to make sure I don't have any leaks. One of the guys from Redline is supposed to be available for help. But, I'm not fond of the idea of taking apart the carb to get tech info which is what he first suggested. I may pass on him until I've exhausted all other options. I have all of the carbs in sync using the synchrometer. At idle they read 5.5. For what its worth when I first built my Cobra I had the engine built by one of the drag racing engine shops and know that the engine is sound. It always ran best with the 750 although I tried a 650. So even though I gave all of the tech info I had on my engine to Top End I've wondered if the 44's might be a little lean for my engine. One of the "Weber experts" told me that I could adjust the mixture screw to richen the carbs instead of changing jets. I've seen several posts about if you have to go out more than two turns you should change the idle jet. Anyway, starting over I hope I can get back to where the engine will run satisfactorily. At age 71 I'm past the age of being the fastest car.