View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison #1320, 514 BBF, Richmond, 3.73 , IRS
Send a message via AIM to Trubble Send a message via MSN to Trubble Send a message via Yahoo to Trubble
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by videodude View Post
I know this is an OLD thread and sticky, BUT . . . especially for Vietnam Vets, it is a very serious subject. The reason Vietnam Vets are more prone to get prostate cancer is exposure to Agent Orange. And, unfortunately, the cancer that Vietnam Vets get is almost always VERY AGGRESSIVE and can kill you within a very short amount of time, unlike the general population. Most men with PC die of natural causes prior to diagnosis; herbicide exposure exponentially shortens that time frame.....Do it regularly after age 50. If you are a Vet, start earlier like at 40. If you are a Vietnam Vet, do it IMMEDIATELY! It may save your life.
Videodude
Great to see this thread resurrected. I had PSA tests done for years. Probably since age 40. Several years ago, my doc noticed a small bump in my PSA, and he sent me for a biopsy, which found cancer.

Fortunately, it was still within prostate, and after surgery, PSA# has been ZERO. I cant stress how important that simple blood test can be to your life!

Cheers,
Bill