View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     

I've been running the car for 12 mths, in something of an evaluation period, and have not encountered any major issues. We've just completed a 4,200 km trip around Tasmania and I didn't even have to lift the bonnet (hood). I think the time is safe to attend to a few minor body points and slap on the final coats of paint.

Unfortunately the ride height was far too low so I've had to raise it 40 mm at the front. That made the gap between the tyres and the guard (fender) look out of place. I've extended the bodywork down.

I attached some Corflute inside the guard with 1/8" screws. I discovered in the process that fingers offer little resistance to 1/8' drill bits!

I chamfered the existing edge back about 40 mm on both sides and first layered up the outside with fibreglass then, after removing the bloodstained Corflute I layered up from the inside.

I attached the wheels to guide the marking out of the new edge.

I attached 12 mm fibreglass rope and sanded back

The Pommie painter has arrived and sprayed some hi-fill and we hope to get it painted after Easter when he returns from the a visit to the Gold Coast.

Last edited by PeterAllen; 04-23-2018 at 03:51 AM..