View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

In the process of installing new fuel system I dropped tank and pulled out the sender and inspected the inside of the tank.

When I inspected the sender I noticed that there was a small amount of rust really small amount of rust at the base of the fill tube 3/4 inch up to the head of the sender so I filed that off and then there was like a drop of rust the size of a BB on the little screen not quite sure the name of it so I'm wondering does this look like it's in fair condition to put back into the tank?

The other thing I noticed when inspecting the inside of the tank was actually it was in pretty good condition I couldn't find any areas showing rust and there wasn't any sludge in the tank except LOL I dropped a bolt last year in it when fixing the lemans cap and that's surprising since I think this car was built or finished in 97 I think they started it sometime in 93.

I put a couple shots of the sender unit and also a shot of inside of the tank. Does anybody know of a good way to clean out the tank? Can I just use some just soap and water and rinse it out and then use my compressor and dry it or is this something I got to take and have it professionally heat soaked. From inspecting the tank I really don't think I need to do the heat soak but figured I'd ask. Thanks guys!

Last edited by RedHawk; 04-06-2018 at 08:41 AM..