View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

the Jag running gear is fine

you have to look at the use of this gear in context, a lot of the earlier kits would have been conceived/designed in the late 80's when that stuff was plentiful/cheap and it is a vastly superior set up to trying to build in McPherson struts and solid rears that would have otherwise been available from local models.

the jags we're way heavier than the cobras the components were going into so the builder can have confidence in the relative robustness of the items.

scroll forward to now and the supply is not so plentiful and is now much older - although I would not classify it as a significant problem yet.

I have only driven my own cobra but the components used in construction typically have less influence on the overall performance than the care/precision/ fetling to get the suspension dialled in.

If I were in the market for a cobra the jag running gear would not be an issue for me.

good luck with your search..

LoBelly