View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427/465
Not Ranked     

Hauss,

Just wanted to share my thoughts- I bought my SPF last year, I spent the prior 3 years doing my research. I chose an SPF based on what I wanted in a cobra. I drove several brands, and the SPF fit me the best. That is key. Drive a few of each of the brands, and decide based on your needs. Then I went after a car that had the options I was looking for- FE date coded 427 (mine is from 1963), built by reputable engine builder installer. Mine was built and installed in 04 by Southern Automotive. After 14 years, I could still get the build sheet, and they are a pleasure to work with. Do your homework by visiting some local clubs in your area. They are everywhere, and we all love to talk about our cars.

Most of all, decide if these cars are for you. No matter what brand you buy, there are going to be issues. New ones need some tweaking. Used ones may have issues from a lack of preventative maintenance. If you aren't willing to wrench on the car, that is OK, but plan on additional funds for a good mechanic. Hope this helps, and feel free to reach out (PM) if you want to chat. Good luck, and enjoy!

Dave