View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeve View Post
Fair point Ed you win. Good to see you offered some constructive design alternatives and helped improve it. I also note your ability to talk to the ‘everyman’ as well as using long words in ways they’ll understand. Your description of how the loads will be absorbed is utter bollocks, and I’m struggling to understand what other forces are in a vehicle which don’t involve it’s weight from undriven wheels. Your condescenion and pedanticism is expected - but please make sure if you’re going to sling **** about how imperfect someone’s post is - make sure your own back yard is perfect first. From your last post you might want to practice what you preach.
Treeve

Treeve, it is clear you and I are for the most part not going to find significant agreement. That said my issue is the internet has been and continues to be a conduit that uses its capacity to misinform and spread misinformation. Individuals who know better should not knowingly enhance that capacity to misinform. As an engineer your attention to the correct explanation and underlying detail should be greater than that of the non-engineer.

Your writing and description of the physical phenomena at work here is minimally misleading and your use of terminology to describe the physical phenomena is simply wrong (i.e. forces and areas). Had you not been trained in the discipline(s) you are employing to explain this component failure phenomena then the oversight(s) could be easily excused/overlooked — but you are a degreed engineer (I believe).

Trying to help those without the benefit of the same engineering skills and training is commendable. Doing it in a sloppy fashion that can be misleading or misinterpreted because of it's lack of precision is inexcusable — especially from someone who has been trained otherwise.

The concepts behind most physical phenomena can be explained correctly and understandably without the rigorous precision required to make the engineering calculations of suitability. To eschew that for a misleading representation when you are capable of so much more is in poor form, especially for a degreed engineer.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 04-14-2018 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar