View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I am going the same route as you. I have a Kenne Bell 1.5 kit that I am looking to install into my '90 CRI. It had never been completed- just all mechanicals installed and body mounted. But I am starting with a problem it that the two previous owners had discovered that the engine is sitting tilted with the passenger side of the block an inch higher than the other side and the EFI system keeps the hood from even close to sitting. I think the motor mounts were installed wrong. But I have had my house and new workshop under construction for the last year. Almost done and will start with looking at re-configuring the mounts to lower the motor and get it level. The Kenne Bell system it less than 1 1/2" taller than the factory EFI system. It should be able to be accommodated to clear.

And you guys were right, the twin Paxton did have the hood modified to clear.

If you do look at a SC mounted low and in front of the motor, why not use a Holly style throttle body, EFI system and fuel rails on a 4bbl intake and not fight with a blow thru carb? The tuning ability is much better and you still have the "original" look of a carb style system at a glance.

This is a listing for a EFI adapted intake using a late style TB in the Chicago area.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/p...533309428.html

Last thing, if anyone is interested in a early Paxton style SC, I have one that was factory rebuilt and converted to a 6 rib pulley that I would sell. It was the same style as was used on the Shelby Mustangs and Cobras. It was originally on a Porsche 911 so I do not have the right brackets for the Ford. Its never been used- just dry mounted on the motor. I had sold the 911 and the new owner did not want the SC kit. He had a turbo motor he was going to install.

I had gotten a price for the additional hardware from the folks that list the original style system for the early style Mustangs on ebay and it was about $2500 for everything but the SC.