View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I believe a Corvette is the only car 100% built in America with 100% American parts and you can buy a very nice one for 50k.....

I'll be...not any more....the BMW, Toyota, Honda among others lead on the Index American Made at cars.com
Not even close - the Corvette has 75% North American (not specific to USA - could have Mexican and Canadian parts in that 75%) content. The story is 7 years old, but no reason to believe it has changed materially in the intervening years.
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...merica-feature

Motor Trend article listing the vehicles with most North American parts ( 15 Cars With the Most North American-Made Parts - Motor Trend ). This is from 2015 and also shows the Corvette at 75% NA content.
America’s original sports car boasts 75 percent of North American content — the highest (tied) percentage of any vehicle available for sale in the U.S. Like previous generations, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette is built on U.S. soil in Bowling Green, Kentucky, with its 6.2-liter V-8s (455-460-hp LT1, 650-hp LT4) sourced from the U.S. Transmission choices include a seven-speed manual or an eight-speed auto, which come from either the U.S. or Mexico

As noted above, there was NO vehicle from as recently as 3 years ago that is 100% NA content. Not even Tesla.