View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Recommendations of good body work folks

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been working on my build for a long while now. The project is an FFR Mk 3.1 Custom Roadster build with a supercharged 4.6L SOHC modular motor.

I purchased the car about 10 years ago from a someone who sadly didn’t know what they were doing. They purchased every available option and custom feature imaginable for it. They spent a ton of money, made crazy mods, and purchased a lot of custom and hi-perf parts and features.

Being that they didn't know what they were doing and didn't have the skills necessary to pull it off, create a lot of issues. Much of the build was badly screwed up and the car spent a few years in an outdoor enclosure before I purchased it.

As a result, we hit a number of major obstacles along the way. It became a full on tear down and restoration instead of a build. I knew I was in over my head, so I hired performance shop in CT that claimed they knew what they were doing on FFR’s. It quickly became evident that they did not. They did do a very good job of screwing us over and by the time I was able to get my car out of there, they went out of business.

On another very respected FFR builder’s recommendation, I brought the car, which was a giant mess by this time, to Mike Everson up in MA. I can tell you this was the best decision ever made and wish I knew Mike from the start. He's been extremely gracious with us, and worked hard with me to get the car cleaned up and back together properly. Although we ran into multiple technical difficulties with this custom build, he finally turned it into a clean and strong runner. He’s been the biggest saving grace on this project and I will gladly recommend him highly to anyone!

Now I need help with the body work, painting and details. I need someone competent and fair to work with us and help us in finishing this build. I’m looking for folks that may be in the NY, MA, CT, and PA areas. If anyone knows of good folks that you can recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

I will also post this in the “Cobra Build Log” here as well just in case someone there makes a recommendation as well.

Thanks,
Alex