View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 427 SC
Not Ranked     
Default New 427 Cobra owner under sad circumstances

Hello everyone! FNG here, so please forgive any breach in etiquette that might happen. Anyhow, my father recently passed away and left behind a NAF 427 kit Cobra (along with a few 427 motors, blocks, etc.) to me. It's been quite sometime since I've been active in the car scene so I started looking on the internet to find some solid groups to join and gain a little guidance.

Anyhow, as it stands, the car is a NAF kit. During it's life it sported a single carb 427 side oiler...then dad got bored and decided to drop in a NASCAR spec 427 top oiler with a 2X4 set-up. Motor is placed about 7 inches back and puts the power down via a 4speed to independent jag rear end.

In it's early life it was an award winning show car, but through the years it's been, ahem, enjoyed ...and put through it's paces. It's been around Willow a few times and even made it's way to both Fontana and Las vegas speedways for club events.

Anyhow, looking forward to some insight from some veterans and figure what I want to do with the car..ie...restore and enjoy...or let a true hard-core enthusiast give it a better home.

Anyhow, glad to meet you all!