View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I see a magnum wheel and a redline tire, sorry, but what's your Mopar again? Or is that a Ford?
It's a 67 GTX 440 Auto, power, AC. It's my semi-luxury muscle car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Dan,

Regarding the vent, on my wide ratio top loader in the ERA I never really noticed any fluid coming out of the vent during street use. With the close ratio top loader in the race car spinning at higher rpms on a regular basis there is venting and tranny fluid getting expelled, which is why I run a hose and catch can for the tranny. Would hate to suggest that you could do away with the vent, as if pressure does build it will seek the path of least resistance, which will probably be one of the new gaskets you installed.

Jim
That's a good point about any pressure buildup w/o a vent would just force it out other places. I haven't seen any come out the vent but one of my persistent leaks has been around the top plate cover gasket. As you can see the top of the gasket was just pooled in lubricant. I may just have to RTV the heck out of the gasket - top and bottom.