View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Gary and Wolf. Don't mind the suggestions. The breather cap has an internal pcv valve. So both sides have the same pressure. I know that some guys run their weber's without filters. Living on the coast with constant high winds and sand and anything else you can think off I need to run filters. I haven't seen any difference in the operation of the engine with or without these filters. I spent all day today fine tuning the weber's with the assistance of a good friend. Bill was a very successful race car driver and has much more knowledge on engine tuning than me. Found that three of the stacks were not sucking air like the other 5. And when the engine was shut down fuel bled into one of the stacks, and leaked into all the others a little. Took all of the tops off and found that the float level was set too high on all of them. Adjusted the float and fixed the problem. I played around with the idle speed, per your suggestion Gary, and eventually Bill, by ear mostly, was able to adjust all the idle mix screws to get a smooth idle and no skip or stutter. I didn't get to do a test run as we had rain in the area. Later tomorrow the weather is supposed to clear and I'll do a test drive. Still somewhat disappointed in Top End and Red Line. Absolutely no info on the weber's and why wouldn't the floats be set correctly. Noticed that three of the needles were round and the 4th had shoulders. All were set at 5 mm or less.