View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Gary
Took the FIA out for a run this afternoon and boy what a difference. Ran almost exactly like when I had the carb. Occasionally I noticed that after stop and go I would have what seemed to be a cylinder go away. Blip the throttle and it usually cleared up. I'm running an 80's era Ford AOD that I manually shift. Stall convertor is 2900. A little different from a manual transmission. Had good idle, good performance on acceleration with no stumble. This under normal driving conditions. Once I got away from traffic I stomped the gas pedal and the FIA went like a rocket! When I got back to my shop I checked to see if there was any flooding after I shut down the engine. One carb had some slight flooding. I think that this is the one that had a different needle than the other 3. I won't have time to tinker again until Friday. But needless to say I was a very happy camper this afternoon. On the other post I mentioned that all of the floats were set at the wrong height. 4, 4, 3, and 5. Reset at 10 mm. Seems if you spend thousands of dollars on a set up the least they could is to set the floats correctly. Oh well. I'll further update later in the week.