View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I'm pretty sure that Craig made significant improvements to the Contemporary shape. The Pace body is way sleeker, more accurate and sits lower on the chassis for a nicer stance. Contemporary bodies were originally splashed from an original car, but jarring changes were subsequently made to "equalize" the resulting side to side imbalance and to lower the wheel openings as the raised rear haunches sat too high over the then newer low profile 60 and 50 series tires. The result was a chunky, high-sided profile and a cocked-up arse end. Unfortunately, the truth that Conteporarys were splashed off of an original Cobra gave rise to an enduring myth that they were "the most accurate replicas" and many newer brands in turn based their shapes on that altered profile. That sadly resulted in a wave of high-butt, jacked-up rear ends as seen on early Factory Fives (pre-MK IV), Everett-Morrisons and even Superformance replicas. Jim Price of Superformance realised this and later SPF's benefited from retroactive changes to subtly minimize the effects of the Contemporary DNA. FFR also improved their bodies with the MK IV model.
Ahem - sorry for the sermon. Pet peeve of mine. Carry on mates!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 04-27-2018 at 04:37 AM..