View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Considering 289 Slab replicas haven't been produced in great numbers and not many have come up for sale, $77,700 (with buyer's fee) seems like a bargain to me. I assume ERA would charge you much much more than that and you would have to wait 2 years.

BTW, the folks who comment on the BaT bidding just love "the originalness" of the 289 Street model. They're "so balanced," "have the right amount of power" and aren't bulky/muscular with the over-dramaticized fenders of the 427 and the 427SC with the added stripes, roll bar, hood scoop and sidepipes.

It's fun to watch and read the auctions and the comments, both the stupid and smart comments, but I'd literally have to shoot myself in the head listening to all the stories of how they all used to own an original and the ridiculous uninformed comments and questions about specs and details of the car.

I don't think I'd have the patience and understanding of some of these sellers.

To the buyer, get a 5-speed and lower that puppy. Oh, and get rid of ther AC ID plate!

If it truly has a “correct” BW T10 transmission, it could be valuable! There’s one for sale on eBay right now (a replication but still) for $11,500!
Larry