View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default The dreaded planning stages...

Hey guys!

I have been lurking on this forum for sometime and trying to do research and learn. I am seeking to build or get roller. Trouble is visiting all the manufacturers websites is a bit overwhelming. So far I have researched FF5, Superformance, Unique, Hurricane, and today, I spent all day reading about the ERA 427SC.

I'd to visit the track, dragstrip, and go cruising. Resale value isn't a big concern but I do want to look right, however. I prefer the 15" wheel look over the 17 or 18. Sorry call me, "old school." I seem to like the 'street' fender flares over the Comp version. I can't stand glasspacks and never liked them when I was in High school. I would love the IRS but concerned about power limits of the axles. Traction breaks a lot of stuff.

Powerplant is a minimum of 580 Hp of big block Buick Stage 2 power on pump gas. Whatever the build gives me with 380-400cfm I am looking higher. At this point I want old school... carbs! Yes, a Buick! I haven't built an engine since 90s from stockers to all out 1400hp Buick v6 turbo. I dont do the norm although my old business we did a lot fords...

The trans.. TKO600.

...signed still overwhelmed...