View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Rte 66 Fun Run 2018

8 Cobras & 2 Mustangs made the trip this year (my 16th.) 7 + 1 all left together at 9am on Friday from the now famous Chevron at I-17 & Carefree Hwy. First stop was the Safeway fuel pumps in Chino Valley. Great weather, smooth trip. No car troubles. Next stop was the Snow Cap Burger stand in Seligman, after picking up our Trip bags. We also picked up 2 bags belonging to paid members who couldn’t make the trip. Bruce used Jim’s Show Tag and I used Dan’s then returned them to their own bags. Scott and Louise met us in Kingman with their SPF on a trailer and a monster truck for bus service. Juan brought an old friend, John from Florida, in his 2003 Mach 1 Mustang which he bought from John. Juan followed our route but behind us. Here are 2 photos in Seligman: Scotty & Garys cars in the shade and Us other 5 in the sun across the street.

Red Roof Inn has problems. Only a few of us got the $79 room per night promised by Sonnie Patel, the owner. I had to complain to get it. Still not sure I did. Check in was a cluster. Took forever. Only 2 of us got rooms in the back building, Bruce B and me. Since everyone else was in the front building, all gathering was up front also. Besides Scott, Scott and Juan, there were Gary & Vicki, Al & Patty, Mark & Lisa, Jim and Keith. Gary stole chairs from the swimming pool. Jim did an entry burnout Friday night.
Friday dinner has all 15 of us show up at Calicos via Mustangs, cobras and Uber. Had our own room. Food was OK. Bruce B had 2 dinners and Scotty got an early start drinking. Lots of cigars and Scotch in the front parking lot.
Photos:
Mustang Back Seat Stuff & 15 Mongrels feeding at Calicos

Saturday morning had 2 of us go down to Mr DZ’s for show parking, Bruce B and me. Everyone else went all the way to the Grand Canyon Caverns then back our way. Keith showed up at the show about 11:30, then Scott. Some of us old guys went back to the motel for nappy time early, before rest of members arrived. Rumor has it Al’s car won a trophy, but we haven’t seen it.
Saturday dinner had us split up between Mexican food and Pzza Hut. Scott Siggins picked up the tab for all of us at the Pizza Hut. Then back to the parking lot ring with booze, cigars, music and bench racing where we watched Cobra Jim do another burnout and a donut in the front parking lot. Kids!

In Front of Mr DZ Sat am & Sat PM in Parking lot circle

Sunday morning, as far as I know, we all left in the direct route through Wikieup at about 6:30am. I got home by 9:30am and avoided the heat. 2 normal stops in Wikieup and Wickenburg. Super trip, super weather. 800+ cars. Only drawbacks I can see is the Motel cost and the price of an event T-Shirt was $25 this year so none for me.

AZ Bob