View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
@ Bartruff1, not to get off this post, on a different track. But I too was around during that era. I was allowed in 68 (I was 13), here at Pacific Raceway's, to steer Mark Donohue's Z-28 up to the starting grid, with Mark walking along side the car. A moment I'll always remember In 2013 the same car , with the same seat!!! Was back up at Seattle I again got sit in the car, the new owner thought what fitting tribute for me & Mark's car. He was one of my HERO"S. Love for to make the trip with the rest of us, here's wishing you good health, Cheers Tom.
Now that is amazing, I really didn't know who Mark Donahue was until I saw him just cruz away .......WTF....from the field in those Penske Blue Sunoco Camaros and that Lola T70....and both those cars have been preserved ......

I was in Europa in 1964 and went down to see the Targa, where my girl friend and I got to meet Shelby and Gurney, Bondurant, Phil Hill, ... and that crazy ass Jerry Grant...we were all just kids then..... and used to drink beer every night.... the Cobras didn't win but the Italians used to wet themselves every time they heard one.... sorry to be off subject...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 05-08-2018 at 10:42 AM..