View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default 2018 race edition!

The modifications and race prep are complete (well until I find something that needs to be changed...) and the car is ready to go. I will be one the road to Summit Point next Wednesday. So here she is in current race form.

With the windshield removed I had to decide how to install the side view mirrors. I really did not want to drill the fiberglass again and the bolts on the mirrors were too short to fit down the slots for the windshield braces. In addition, when I placed the mirrors on the bodywork, they were too inboard for my liking on a race track. So, i took a piece of aluminum bar stock, measured it to what appeared to be an appropriate height, cut. formed and drilled it so that I could mount it to the windshield supports and put them in place. They allow the mirrors to stick out from the body a little bit and provide a better view of cars to either side of me. I had ordered a ray dot mirror from Moss Motors that was convex and had some that I ordered from Finish Line that were flat as well, in addition to the convex ones that I ordered from Ebay. The Ebay ones were more convex than the Moss Motor one and so I used the more convex ones for the rear view and passenger side mirrors and decided on the less convex one for the drivers side as it offered a slightly better view than the flat mirror.

Looks like I am ready to go. Just have to go through my tools and supplies to make sure everything that I might need is there. Got the trailer ready last weekend.

See you on the track!

Jim