View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

I'm a sucker for a nice CCX car and this is a very nice one from outward appearances and the list of goodies that come with it. However, deferred maintenance is the worst thing you can do to a car like this. If it has been maintained, started on a regular basis and allowed to come up to temp, and otherwise looked after, I would consider it to be in the $40- $45 range. If it just sat all this time under a cover with few miles on it, there will be lots of things that need to be looked after-
Tires will need replacement from age- 6-7 years is considered pretty much aging out
Carb will probably need a rebuild- gaskets will be dried out and seats will be varnished up
Other engine, oil pan, transmission gaskets will probably be dried out also and need replacement
Rear diff and transmission oil will need replacement as well as engine oil and coolant to be on the safe side- A short drive for testing systems may be safe but not much more until you are sure everything works.
Brake fluild should be drained and replaced properly.
Boots on steering components and rear axles may be cracked and need replacement.
U-joints may need replacement from setting in one position for long enough to rust needle bearings in place
Battery will probably need replacement

The list could go on and on. Be prepared to defend your offer with these items or you could have a very expensive but nice looking money pit.

Bob