View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
When I use to do Goodyear test on SS cars with Radials and Bias Ply tires....20#-25# is to low for street driven tires.... when we ran SSA and SSGT for any length of time we would set tires at about 40# and go from there.... by chalking the corner of the tire from the tread to the sidewall and then see how much chalk would come off in the particular test we were doing would tell the most info....... most tire pressures are at around 40#-45#psi. to prevent the tire from rolling off of the rim... ....
Strange, the recommended pressure on my truck are only 39psi and I think it weighs a good 3,000lbs more than my Cobra.. Oh, we use infrared heat guns these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
So for Daily driving you can back the pressure down 10%-20% for a average ride ... but the minute you start getting on the car.... then it needs to come up quickly and you can't do it with any driving on the street.

So if you use 25# expect the tire to roll off the rim in aggressive driving....
That is hilarious, I can guarantee you that there is one other person on Club Cobra who car pulls as many G's as mine does and I run between 19-23psi front and 18-22psi rear on 200 treadwear tires and I've yet to have one come off the rim...

It isn't how fast your car can go
It is how fast your car can change direction

Home of Fake Snake Racing