View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3 with Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
I'm not certain what having a heater has to do with this. Put the tee in the other port on the intake manifold.

I have the Holley Sniper atop an Edelbrock Air Gap intake, which is a dual plane, and haven't experienced any issues.
Glad to hear it's running well for you.

The heater return hose IS IN THE RIGHT PORT of the manifold. If you put a street tee there, you can still attache the heater return to the top of the tee. BUT, I have had an issue where running the temp sender in an adaptor block (street tee) lifted it far enough away from the coolant flow that it didn't read accurately. This was not on a V8 though but a guy on here had a similar issue on a 427R. The heater comment is that when you turn the heater on, it circulates coolant THROUGH the street tee with the sender mounted in it and then would read more accurately (heater core does cool down the return temp a bit if the heater is on).

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a tee at the hydraulic supply house tomorrow when I'm there and try it. I suppose it's worth a shot and I can compare the dash gauge to the data in the Holley system to see if it reads reasonably accurately.

I suppose it's possible that the guy that had the issue had air in his system as that's about where it would end up as it's the highpoint.