View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Rained out!

Well, I wish that I had good news and some nice race video, but that was not to be. Got to Summit Point Wednesday afternoon and set up n the rain. Brought my car to tech and passed tech. Lot's of comments on how nice the car was. It rained all day and there were forecasts for a high risk of rain Thursday and Friday with less risk Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping to get a little practice time on Thursday during some light rain, had given up on Friday as the prediction was 2" of rain, an hoped that the track would be clear for Saturday and Sunday.

On my way to the track this morning the road that I had used last night was flooded and closed, had to detour through some other roads that were under 4" of water at various spots. Arrived at the track and was told that the track would be closed until about 10 am while they tried to clear some standing water. By 10:30 they cancelled the race as there was one corner that had 9" of water in it and the drainage ponds were all full. In addition the forecast was for 4" of rain between today and tomorrow and they had already closed a couple of the roads around the track. So, due to the fact that there was no place to pump the existing water, there were 4 more inches coming and that the access roads to the track could potentially all be closed by the end of the day, we were sent packing.

So I drove 335 miles Wednesday to the track and 335 miles back home Thursday. Looks like I have to wait until June at Mid Ohio.

Jim