View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Mark,

Yes, they are getting biblical levels of rain. As I was leaving the gate I commented to the security person that they had better break out the ark! That area is not well designed to manage a lot of rain, no shoulders or drainage ditches on the roads; the water just runs straight across. I was worried that I would come across a road closed sign with the trailer hitched up and have no place to turn the truck and trailer around. The roads were narrow and twisty with changes in elevation. Not a pretty picture to back up on. There are people there who will probably be stuck at home for several days until the water drains away.

While it sucked having the race cancelled, it was still nice to see some old race friends and meet some new ones in the paddock. There was a track day going on when I first arrived and on the way into the paddock someones vehicle was hanging behind a tow truck. The front passenger side was crumpled in and both rear quarters were severely damaged as well. My guess was that the driver overestimated his ability to drive on a wet surface and took a corner way to fast. Looked like he bounced off a wall more than once.

Jim