View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
I just bought a new TKO, is there any type of break-in-period, with shifting, fluid etc..?

I don't have my trans at home to read the manual.
A 500-mile break-in period will prevent premature wear and possible damage to the transmission. During the break-in period, you must avoid high RPM shifts and drag starts. The clutch must be fully disengaged to shift the transmission. Do not use excessive force when shifting the transmission. If you experience clash shifts (grinding), check the travel of the clutch to ensure proper air-gap is achieved (see above). Another possible cause of clash shifting is improper transmission installation, (excessive driveline angle / resulting in poor driveline alignment). Do not attempt to shift the transmission when the engine is revving over 6,500 RPM’s. Do not hold the transmission in gear by applying force on the shifter. This will damage the pads on the shift forks and may result in significant damage to the transmission.

From the TKO Installation Tips that come with your transmission: http://libertysgears.com/wp-content/...ation-Tips.pdf