View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga View Post
And yes from what I have read, you do lose some WOT Flow capability, but I bet I've spent 10-15 seconds there over 19000 miles...gain HP across the board and big torque down lower, which the butt dyno verifies, and for a street car is more practical.

I jetted down 2, HSABs at 35, PVCRs no change, threw in some new plugs see what happens. Idle circuits no changes.

The transition to the mains is much smoother and more urgent for lack of a better term.

It's interesting to look down the carb and see how much the cleaner the gas comes out of the annulars than it did out of the down legs. Like putting yor garden hose nozzle on spray instead of jet...
You can probably go down again on the mains, another 2, then up 1 if necessary, and also pull some accelerator pump volume out.

Those pink cams deliver a fair bit.

Cams from smallest to largest :

cam color #1 #2

white 17cc - 19.5cc

blue 18cc - 20cc

red 18.5cc - 20cc

orange 19cc - 24.5cc

black 19cc - 18cc

green 24cc - 30cc

pink 30cc - 37.5cc

Some of the cams, although smaller in total volume, are more aggressive in the first third, so take care in selecting a cam.

Troy Patterson from TMP Carbs knows all about building LARGE Holleys that can go wide open at 1500 rpm. Not many can do that.
Not that anybody I know does, but shows what his carbs can do. He runs annulars on most of his carbs as a personal preference.
Once you've had annulars in a true tuned setup, you won't go back to anything else.

Gold Certified Holden Technician

Last edited by Gaz64; 06-10-2018 at 04:17 PM..