Old 06-11-2018, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratchbuild, 289 FIA Replica
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Peaks View Post
https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...-STD-rev-K.pdf
Bottom of Page 5 shows the diff, axles, and the correct style uprights you need.
The Explorer uprights won't work. You need uprights from Late 80's to early 90's Tbird or Lincoln Mark VIII IRS.
They should look like this once they are cleaned up and drilled- forgot to mention they come metric- 5 x 4.25 bolt centers and you'll need 5 x 4.50 bolt center and new lug bolts installed, which lots of machine shops can do for short money. I'm pretty sure the best guy I ever found - Stu Spencer- isn't doing them any more.

Once you get to that point, let us know and I'm pretty sure we can get you past this part. Once this is done, you only have about 5 million things left to do...

Bob
That is great info.

Based on multiple points of feedback, I am seriously considering abandoning my plans to do a leaf spring 289 Cobra.

Since I am in it for a set of Chuck's plans, any suggestions on where I can find some drawings that would allow me to convert the leaf set up to coils? Or should I bite the bullet and get another set of plans?