View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
The tail of the transmission and the differential can be off a few degrees left to right, what is more important is that they are in the same plane up and down.

Looking at the pictures you are going to need a remote oil filter. It does not look like you will have enough clearance with the frame to be able to change that oil filter without pulling the engine. Give it a try and see if you can remove the oil filter and re-install it again.

Jim
I disagree. Don't go remote unless you need to - there are more points to leak and more fittings that will reduce your oil flow unless you go with large lines.

While you can use a shorter oil filter, I believe a better solution is a Ford Performance 90° oil filter adapter, p/n M-6880-A50. You mount it to the block and can rotate it 360° before locking it down in the desired position. When I replaced the remote filter on mine with one of these adapters the cold start oil pressure went up 20 PSI - that's how much restriction there can be in a remote oil filter.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6880-A50

Here's a photo:

EDIT: BTW, these are widely available - I got mine from Summit Racing.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 06-12-2018 at 02:22 PM..