View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

For those interested... I could not find the bushings that go into the lower control that are mentioned above. Superformance doesn't make them any more. Along with that the hub carrier or "rear upright" depending who you talk to isn't made anymore and is a discontinued part as are the bushings, lower .825X9". pin connecting the lower control arm to the upright.

If anyone pre #2800 breaks these parts. You will have to fabricate them or completely upgrade everything outside the of the upper and lower control arms. BTW the new uprights are $1000 each

I was able to obtain bushings for the newer upgraded upright, however they are .015 larger OD and will have to be sized. You can fabricate them from Delrin but its cheaper to buy these and turn them down rather than pay a machine shop to cut, and mill the Delrin to the correct dimensions. At least for me anyway.

I still have to press on the bearing etc. but after chasing parts for about a month assembly will start shortly.

One more thing...The bearing number is 513058 for National and other bearing brands or Timken SET49 Bearing Set for Timken. Also the 36mm axle nut is Dorman 615-095. The long number posted earlier is the ford number. For some reason depending where you buy it the price is cheapest at Advanced Auto for $10.50 with tax. If you search the net you will find the exact part going for up to almost $50 ...Makes no sense.

Last edited by wanab5150; 06-15-2018 at 08:10 PM..